View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #172 (permalink)
RandyD
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z 7AT Roadst
RandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud of

Day 11
Hoover Dam and Historic Route 66

I left the lights behind and headed to the Hoover Dam. I got a private tour from the Deputy Area Manager of the Dept of Interior - very special. got to go into all kinds of restricted areas. That place is pretty awesome.

After a couple hours there - i proceeded to Kingman, AZ where there is a pretty big historic 66 look and feel. I decided to drive on historic 66 for about 50 miles to the next town instead of using the main highway. I made much better time on this road as there was very very little traffic. but disappointingly, there was virtually nothing along that road. when you finally do get to the next gas station, it was filled with route 66 trinkets.

Finally made it to Williams AZ before getting tired - there is snow on the ground here... not used to that
RandyD is offline   Reply With Quote