Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #526 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Been busy on the car the past few days. Got CJM's fuel starve kit ( Fuel Starvation Control Product / 370z Road Race Fuel Pump ) installed. It's hard, but it could be worse Working fine so far, but I could never reliably and safely trigger it on the street anyways, so we'll see at the next track event how it holds up as my fuel level drops. I probably won't go under half a tank or so because I still need the fuel weight in the rear for now, but I was starving at ~2-3 dots down from full before on certain track corners.

I also went ahead and pulled the trigger on some real datalogging, since I was tired of Android firmware bugs causing me to not record my events and losing out on all that data. So I got a Race Keeper and did the install on that as well. I went with the Black model, a single forward bullet-cam mounted to the front glass for now, the OBD-II interface, and of course the standard Mic, 10Hz GPS, and internal accelerometers. I've done a couple of short test vids on the street and it's working out fine so far. Install pic of the main unit here:

For now it's velcro'd to the top of the airbag controller and then ziptied for additional stability. Once I remove all the airbag hardware (which is waiting for when I go forward with the cage/seat plans), I'm going to reuse that airbag controller's 3x factory bolts to mount a nice little aluminum plate to screw down the Racekeeper to (with its anti-shock mounts) for even more stability and accuracy.

I'll be back at another TDE event at Texas World Speedway next weekend to try out both in real conditions.