View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #122 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I've never driven an auto one-footed - I learned to drive an auto two-footed. I don't think it was any more difficult to master than other methods, but, not having used other methods, I can't be sure.

About the only time my right foot touches the brake is during hard/panic stops; just there in case of booster failure or other malfunction. The left foot beats it there every time.
I'm not sure if you guys read through the thread, but I'm in agreement with both of you, for that matter pretty much everyone. I stated that if you learned to left foot break from the get go and no one ever correct you, you probably will be fine. The same with driving a MT, but just because you have driven a MT car or truck doesn't mean you could jump into a semi and get it right without a lot of practice.

The bottom line, its what you have learned and what you are capable of learning. I can left foot brake enough to say I can do it, but is it the way I daily drive...heck no!!! Safety, Safety, Safety. I think its time for me to exit stage right and

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkouonchi View Post
Considering I learned on a Manual (as well as I am sure many others did) that is not the case as there is no way I would even *think* of left foot breaking on a manual transmission..
I'm not sure what your point is, but I'm not advocating that anyone has or should, but I'm sure you stalled your car, truck or van numerous times when you hit the brake with your right foot and forgot to depress the clutch appropriately with your left foot when you were first learning to drive. It was quite embarrassing. Kind of like stalling our Z's because of the crappy clutch release and engagement our cars are prone with!!!
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote