View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #108 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDepp View Post
Yes, it is common for autocross in AT FWD cars.... on race tracks. I'm arguing that toe and heel and left-foot braking are nothing similar for many reasons: the desired result, the application, and the technique. The only thing they share is that both would require practice, just like driving at all.
The citation of SCCA and off-road drift experience was to explain where one would apply toe and heel appropriately. I also used that to explain that while I can perform the maneuver, and I would drive in ice storms and snow on bald tires in the Z, left foot braking in traffic still scares the crap out of me.

Side story:
I've never used an AT for solo courses, and the only FWD I used was at the drags and it was a MT as well. I'm not knocking left-foot braking as a racing technique. I'm knocking it as a technique for drivers just beginning and for some experienced road drivers who would panic in an emergency situation.

Congrats on your wins!
I don't think the ITR came in auto.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.
LunaZ is offline   Reply With Quote