View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #124 (permalink)
RandyD
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z 7AT Roadst
RandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud of

Day 6
Aliens, Radar Astronomy, and the Continental Divide...

Today started in Carlsbad at a chilly 48 degrees. I made my way north to famous Roswell NM past a ton of remote ranch land and some pecan plantations.

The first thing you see on main street is a huge marquee for the UFO museum, so in I went. It had all kinds of info on the crash and coverup - much more than you typically see on those rehashed TV shows. A fun stop.

From there, i found my way towards the mountins that guard the white sands facilities... there is a little town called Socorro where i got gas (yes D- i had to fill up) not much to do there but i did stop in the Welcome Center where i learned that the VLA was only 50 miles away. that also happened to be on a great mountain route that was one of the most beautiful and fun roads I have ever driven.. and D- you can confirm that's alot.

Finally - made my way down the west side of the continental divide to a place called Silver City NM. - this is the most civilization i have seen since San Antonio a few days ago!!
RandyD is offline   Reply With Quote