View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #117 (permalink)
RandyD
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z 7AT Roadst
RandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud of

Day 5
Fort Stockton and the Carlsbad Caverns

The day started with some drizzle in good ol' Junction TX - that lasted about 2 hours as I made my high speed run westward through the barren wasteland of Western Texas.

the posted limit is 80 on that stretch - many people still do only about 70 - hard to understand I did not spare the gas pedal. Very light traffic - painfully straight and flat road - about 100 miles in between any manmade object like a building... at least the scenery was nice when the clouds finally broke.

I made it to a real old west town called Fort Stockton - they have a bunch of wild west history that I learned at their little museum.

From there - I shot north on another very long very straight very flat road - making excellent time.

On a whim I pulled off the road for about a half hour detour over to Carlsbad Caverns national park - wow glad I did.

I'll post video of the park entrance road - a 7 mile twisty canyon road with awesome views... also some amazing interiors in the caverns themselves... totally worth it.
RandyD is offline   Reply With Quote