View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted180 View Post
congratulations mike for the quick lap time despite the issues you're having. sorry for being the customer who bought your only carbotech pads. i was pretty stressed out the week of my event too trying to get last minute parts to arrive on time. the xp10's fronts and xp8s rears are THE pads for tracking on this car. absolutely no brake fade, even with hard, late braking, lap after lap. they were flawless. i'm also glad i never experienced the "ice mode" brake problem a few people have reported.
Oh no worries at all! Customers come first. Besides I should have had enough time to get another set here for myself before the event but I think Carbotech must have though I said I needed them by next Friday, not this past one. Good to hear that they worked well though!

Quote:
on stock tires and hotchkis sway bars, i had the same issue with not getting enough grip in the fronts causing understeer in the long sweepers (esp. the bowl at streets of willow). my front camber is set at -2.25 and rears at -1.8. my next time out, i'll try -2.75 in the fronts and adjusting the rear bars to full stiff and i think this should do the trick.

mike - i think a big part of why you're getting so much understeer (despite all the camber you're running and the wider tires in front) is the new diff. mechanical diffs when they lock up will cause both rear tires to rotate at the same speed, which will want to "push" the car instead of letting it rotate. (unlike a viscous lsd and a torsen type lsd which have variable "degrees" of lock-up, allowing the inside tire to rotate slightly more slowly than the outside tire, which helps to rotate the car). but you can adjust all the other things on the car to compensate.
Hmm, did not even think of that. I will have to stew over that one for a bit.

Quote:
oil temp. was the biggest issue for me, depsite having pretty decent size oil cooler on the car. it's a tru-cool 8x11, (unlike the 5.75x11 most aftermarket kits come with).

mike what are the symptoms of oil starvation? i think i may have been experiencing this and mistaken it for "limp mode" and getting frustrated that "limp mode" was comign on even after i let the car cool down. now that i think aobut it, it would hit hardest going up the hill going before the last two turns before the front straight ccw at sow. sounds like oil starvation...
I think what you are experiencing is the fuel starvation issue, not oil starvation. I am trying to picture where you are talking about on SOWS but I have only been there once and it was years ago. Did you find it only happened after right hand turns? If so, thats the fuel issue. The oil pickup on the VQ37 is smack in the middle so I would figure if it were oil starvation it would happen on all corners not just right hand ones.
Function > Form
M.Bonanni is offline   Reply With Quote