View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #109 (permalink)
RandyD
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z 7AT Roadst
RandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud of

Day 4
Remember the Alamo, the Twisted Sisters - deep in the heart of Texas

Today started as a work day - hooray for telecommuting!

the weather was a gorgeous sunny 65 degrees - i made it south of winter storm Q...

I made my way to the Alamo at lunch time - it is a shrine to the heros of Texan independence - you don't mess with the Texans when it comes to the Alamo. No photos allowed inside the sanctuary, nor any hats. I got some photos of the outsides though...

From there, I left San Antonio and made my way to the hill country about an hour west. This is the famous Twisted Sisters...

i know some of you may not believe - but this set of roads rivals the Dragon... the scenery is great - although all rocky scrub and hills instead of Smokey Mountain forest, but awesome none the less. I got a ton of good video.

There were also some very remote - very long - very straight roads.. i set a land speed record i think.

since there is no civilization (literally) for a few more hours to the west - i decided to stop a little early in a place called Junction TX. nothing to do here - but they have a gas station, and a Best Western - so good to go.
RandyD is offline   Reply With Quote