View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #1391 (permalink)
LMBmikeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
LMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond reputeLMBmikeZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I actually know a guy that had his entire downstairs (<1000sf) down to studs and foundation within a month of purchasing a house. It took him over a year to do everything he wanted, and he and his wife were living in it the entire time. Five years later they're still together and looking for a new house (they've got a baby now, so looking for move-in ready). Unfortunately, all the work he put in doesn't really add much value to his house. He's going to be capped by the neighborhood and location property values around him.
That is exactly what I moved out of, an old war time home that needed full reno. I ended up doing good on it because the housing market has held up here in canada and my property actually increased over the 5 years I lived there. Plus I got it at a good price from the ORIGINAL OWNER and did the necessary updates to help get the price up.

Now I live in a new build and love it house is way nicer and now I have a garage. Went from no garage to a 2 car garage