View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #1352 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
Interesting, I went with the EVO-R one myself and love it. When I took the blank out, I didn't even think to keep/look at it in dept.

Are your LED's and their wiring water proof? Is the blank sealed? That might be something to look at?
I did think about that. Several notes on my install: I was able to use an existing tiny hole in the back of the housing, which originally had a black rubber cap on it. I removed the cap, ran my wiring, and replaced the cap. It still provides excellent protection and probably wouldn't allow water in unless completely submerged. The only other way water might get in was if I didn't do a good enough job sealing the lens back onto the housing, but I'm pretty sure it's just fine. The last precaution was I actually installed the panel on the roof of the housing, so it points down. I also like this because you can't see any of the LEDs through the lens.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 02-18-2013 at 12:43 AM.