View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxj17 View Post
just a little FYI.....i am seeing major understeer with my car as well, and im running BC coilovers with hotchkis sways. even put the rear bar all the way stiff to counter understeer, but unless im hard on the brakes prior to corner entry, or on the gas hard, it pushes, and pushes hard. i can literally feel the front tires almost vibrating from pushing across the pavement...

find a fix so i can do it to mine too
Quote:
Originally Posted by import111 View Post
How much negative camber are you running up front? You guys are both running pretty stiff setups and as such the car wont need as much negative camber cause it isn't rolling enough. Just a thought.
Yeah there are TONS of things that can contribute to understeer, caster, camber, toe, tire pressure, dampening, sway bars, cross weight, tire compound, tire width, your driving, etc. I do think that for street tires the front Hotchkis sway bar is a bit on the stiff side but nothing that messing with other settings can't fix. Eventually, once we improve upon the handling further the sway bar will be a better fit. I am annoyed though that nobody makes an adjustable front sway bar for this car. That would be the ideal situation.
Function > Form
M.Bonanni is offline   Reply With Quote