View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
M.Bonanni
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Fast
M.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond reputeM.Bonanni has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to M.Bonanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by import111 View Post
Congrats on the great lap time. Pretty good considering the minimal mods on the car and the issues with brake pads and fuel starvation. I am hoping I don't have the fuel starvation issues when I track the Z, but hearing more and more tracked 370Z's having it happen, my hope is fading. My fingers are crossed for a simple solution (swap out the stock tank for a baffled replica or something similar).
Thanks guys!

I can guarantee you will as you make the car faster. I didn't have any issues with it at Buttonwillow when the car was stock except for coilovers. Then got better street tires for Willow Springs and it started happening around 1/2 tank. Then got sway bars/better alignment/wider tires and it started around 3/4 tank. Basically the more lateral gs your car can handle the more the fuel issue becomes a problem. I talked to a few people at the time attack about making a simple fuel surge tank kit specifically for the 370Z that will be easy enough for most to install. It will be a must do mod like the oil coolers are before getting into tracking the 370Z. Hopefully we don't uncover any more major engineering failures as we continue to make the car faster. AE Performance had the same issue with their 370Z by the way so I am really doubting its a fluke thing.
Function > Form
M.Bonanni is offline   Reply With Quote