View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #502 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
He said Edgar started checking the kicks better and was trying to shoot everytime he threw them after the opening round. But agreed, I can see throwing less of them not to telegraph them but to move completely away almost cost him. I was worried in the 3rd when Frankie was still moving around. He just doesn't go away. I was hoping Aldo would KO him.

Interesting to see if Edgar drops to fight possibly Faber and get a shot at Cruz or if he sticks it out at Featherwieght. Personally I think he should stick it out in FW. He loses all his advantage if he moves down. He will be the bigger guy but no longer faster than his opponent. Even at FW he isnt the fastest. Plus if he keeps dropping weight classes and losing he will find himself next to the master of that himself and sitting next to Kenny Florian on UFC Tonight!
I think part of the problem was he kept throwing the same kick to the same leg, which made it easier to telegraph. If he mixed it up I think he might have had better results.

I'm not sure what Edgar should do. I don't see him (or anyone else) beating Aldo at 145. If Aldo moves up though, he would do well at 145. Edgar vs Faber could also be good to find a potential #1 contender to fight the winner of Cruz vs Barao.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote