View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #405 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell View Post
what did you do to get the three middle gauges installed?
You need to remove the entire dash to do it properly. Then you need to figure out a way to make the gauges fit. There is no easy way to do this and everyone could do it differently depending on the gauges. I made an aluminum bracket the used the holes from the factory gauge mount. Removed the hats from the gauge surrounds, then I needed to cut 70% of the plastic out of the gauge surrounds. For secure mounting i used a combination of hose clamp and fabricated bracket attached to the gauge then attached to the original aluminum bracket that I installed. This allows me to remove the gauge incase of failure without removing the dash again. Finished with securing the hoods to the gauge surround with silicone.

I would have done it very differently if my gauges were thin.