Thread: Pad knockback
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
The diagram is exaggerated for illustrative purposes. Trust me, it happens. It was particularly bad on the 350Z. Wheel hubs flex. On my 350 I actually had to replace them semi-regularly after I switched to StopTech's BBK (annoyed the heck out of me too). It doesn't matter where the calipers are mounted, I don't see the relevance of whether or not our calipers are on top. That diagram could just as easily be a top-down view with the calipers mounted in the 9 o'clock position.
If it is a top-down view, then why would it flex in a front/rear direction unless it's a product of excessive toe in / toe out causing that kind of force / load - even then, those forces would still be at play at any speed. Sorry, I don't see it happening due to cornering. The hub itself can't flex enough...the rotors certainly won't flex enough...

Combine my point of view of why does it happen when not on a track?

Last edited by kannibul; 09-26-2009 at 08:10 PM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote