View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #2296 (permalink)
R0bDC
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z
R0bDC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDepp View Post
Okie Dokie, here we go.

So, I roll up to Modern Nissan in Cornelius and start talking to the service manager about getting my tpms light inspected as well as a few other things: including changing my auto-off headlamps to 1 minute rather than 3.

This flatbed pulls up with a 'fancy-real-murican' Z on it. I don't see anyone with the car, so I snap a pic. I imagined this pic could be used as ridicule-blackmail for any member here who owned the car. I'm talking with Brent, a service adviser, about my car when I blurt out, "it's a steering lock failure, isn't it?"

"I don't know," he responds. Just then, something more magnificent than that bird on the Z comes into view: the owner.
I've never felt more patriotic standing next to him. I inquire to the owner, "wouldn't start, huh?"

"Yeah, the lights work and it unlocks the doors."

"Steering lock failure."

So, we sit in the waiting area and I go over the issue with him and state that if they try to charge him, an 81 year old Z driver, for a well-known issue, I will stand up for him. We talked about his stint in the Navy, mine in the Air Force. He turned out to be a REALLY cool guy. Imagine this, an 81 year old Z driver, who also power lifts weights at the YMCA on an almost daily basis.

He's earned those flag-pants, for being that old, for his experience, for loving his Z every day. Just saying, IMO.
How do you know if they charge him or not??