View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #6469 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
Mr.kenchan, that sounds like signs of presbyopia, usually starting to happne from early 40's.

What happen is whenever we are looking at an object within an arm-length distance, the crystalline-lens inside the eyeball have to be compressed by the muscles whose holding it in order to put everything in focus.

However, the muscle that compress the crystalline-lens will become weaker by age (I hate saying this too) thus it cannot compress the lens as much as it needs to, thus the eyes cannot focus the near object.

When you visit the optometrist next time, tell him you need something for computer and reading, he should know what you're looking for.
ahhh, thanks, mr.alcheng. i will definitely note the above to my eye-doc when i see them next time. im kinda excited now that i can have glasses i can wear to my client's place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey View Post
Me too!
i checked out NAMM via store webpage and not too much excitement for my area (keyboards, mac/daw peripherals)..but not bad. there were a lot of new releases in 2012 so i will study those. i will be making a decision in the coming weeks if i want to get anything new this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Hi guys. Sorry I wasn't on yesterday. I was hoping to get on but it was a very long day. Just got home from working 14 hours and went to a fire in a neighboring town. Guys do not leave torpedo heaters unattended especially when thawing pipes. Then had 3 MVA's. Didn't get to bed until 4PM. Got up for dinner and back to bed. Then today had an ambulance call. Quite busy and it is cold out. Single to - digits.
sounds like you were super busy there, fire. thanks for looking out for the community (normal folk like me).