View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #5826 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post

Morning Ken Yes, the blue stuff is recommended change at 105K miles or 7 years according to the manual. The manual also claims that mixing any other coolant (including the green Nissan stuff) decreases the life of the original, factory-filled fluid.

I believe the pressure release valve is the radiator cap itself (IIRC it is rated to somewhere around 19.5 psi).
mr.jar thanks for the confirmation on the blue coolant. you see, that's wat i thought i read before and i posted that and someone said no. im glad i wasn't just seeing things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post

4F is kinda cold... Mr.kenchan, you can live in Canada too...
hi mr.alcheng! hey, i had an online buddy in canada that took a pict of his thermometer at -50C holy frikken ice cow!

he said he can throw a bucket of water outside and it would turn into snow before it it the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
Are you talking about the drain valve? If you are there is a small hose just behind the rad with a Philips head screw in it. You can see this when doing your oil change, assuming you remove the entire under shroud. I can take a picture for you this afternoon if you like.
hi mr.gale- im talking about the valve that's on the large hose (top side of engine bay). after you drain the cold coolant out, i remove this valve on the hose so that when you pour new coolant into the radiaor, the air bleeds out to eliminate airbubbles. (might be called bleeder valve? not sure the terminology). haven't taken a close look on the Z, but i think it should be near the firewall.