View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Got a chance to tow with the new Explorer today, although it was with less than 3K behind it.

Got 13 mpg driving through a fairly hilly part of the country. Pretty solid, all things considered.

I think you'd be fine just about anywhere with up to ~4200. I certainly would not attempt to tow 5K through the mountains.
Thanks for the info!

I have no plans to use the thing to tow the car cross-country or into the mountains haha. It would just be to get it to local events, or at most, the 3-4 hour trip down to Austin/College Station. No hills or mountains involved.

The goal is to get an aluminum trailer to get the trailer weight as close to 1000 or below as possible, plus the car will only be around 2800-2900 tops, so that gives a decent buffer.

We'd of gotten the deal done on Saturday if I hadn't been called in to work all day. Gotta love being on call! Still don't understand why dealerships are closed on Sunday...