View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
CDepp
Track Member

Drives: sideways
CDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeZ View Post
Do you know if the primer will damage the paint? At some point I may want to remove or replace the vinyl and want to make sure that this doesn't ruin the painted surface underneath. Is the primer reovable?
I haven't seen it leave any permanent damage. In my few years of working with vinyl, the worst my boss and I saw was someone using a stronger grade primer. I light buffing with a paint thinner-damp cloth took it off without damage to the clear coat. However, the Nissan paint "is" quite softer than most I've worked with. I'll take off the vinyl and post some pics of the covers without cleaning them and list instructions how to clean them is needed. Most cases I've seen, the primer, which should be applied very thin, will come up with the overlay, and a quick wipe with alcohol will get any residue.

For reference, it was easier to get the primer off than it was to remove double sided tape from badges.