View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #402 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
I was referring to Nissan warranty. If this system causes potential issue will nissan still warranty motor and systems? That pretty important for resale value.
Any time you modify or track your car, you have technical voided some part of your warranty. Some dealers will try and act like you have voided the entire warranty on the car, some understand how their vehicles work and only will not warranty the actual parts you replaced and anything they can have effects on.

This is simply a fuel pump upgrade. If you think that your dealer would try and reject your vehicle because you upgraded your fuel pump, I would highly suggest you dont brag to them about it, and all will be well.

The dealer will never know it is installed. But if you have reason to believe they are going to poke around inside the fuel tank, you could simply remove the kit and return to stock while the car is with Nissan. You should be able to remove the kit easily, with the exception of probably having to cut the 3 short blue hoses in the bag that you can see in wstar's picture.... those would probably be nearly impossible to pull off without cutting. In that event, I would send over replacements no problem, or you could buy it anywhere... its Aeroquip AQP -6 Hose.

Last edited by phunk; 01-19-2013 at 01:15 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote