View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #5122 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
goodpm got caught up in a LONNNG meeting... now i gotz a headache.

mr. jar- im not sure how to reply to your post. the RE050A's aren't really meant to last very long. they grip fairly well for an oe tire. the pole position variant did grip much better than the standard RE050A. i usually got 8k miles on the rear pair, maybe 16-17K on the front. im not a fan of nitto tires. (actually not a fan of toyo, nitto, and falken tires, and do not ride on korean brands either not that i hate them, i dont care for them).

i found the DW's wear well. im not so sure if i want my hobby car to have long wearing tires because i dont put much milage on them to begin with. i'd almost prefer it wears around 10k miles so that i can replace them withtout feeling im throwing away tires that are 'still good.' like any rubber, after a while the tire gets dry and they dont grip as well as they did new. so i cycle them once every 3-4 years even if there is decent tread on them.

my tire of choice are:

Yokohama Advan Sports (not bad! on my Z right now)
Bridgestone S04 (very good, on my G right now).
Bridgestone RE11 (will be on my nismo's next).

Michelin PSS (have not tried, but mr.onzedge says very good! does not come in 285/35/19 though )

thanks, mr.alcheng! yah, im still undecided but will continue to hunt.

Mr.kenchan... I will put the bet on Yokohama and the RE11.

The RE11 is more all-around and the Advan is nice too.

But I will also strongly suggest the PSS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu View Post
you guys have broken the purpose of the rep system...

So What...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
nismo- i made a tamiya mclaren honda model a while ago.