View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #42 (permalink)
kdoske
Track Member

Drives: 800whp Unicorn FI Z
kdoske is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablokev87 View Post
Hey Thanks guys. Ok so here is the dilemma. I was thinking that going with a non clear lens would make more sense.
1. It will stay as OEM as possible.
2. I avoid any legal issues due to blue lights. I hear that can be a bi**h.
3. I can then fab an led board with just Red LEDs and design the contoller board for it. This would eventually be cheaper.
4. If i dont run the animations while i drive, i can still just leave it on to act as a fog light.

Any thoughts. And if anyone has PCB fab experience, care to PM me. Thanks.

Raj
Yeah I think this is exactly what you should do. No colors just red LED's.

Also, just so you know, if there is animation while you are driving it is also considered illegal reguarldess of color. Its considered a 'distraction' on the road. Same thing happend with the LED message rims that came out a few years ago. People spent 15k on some rims that they couldn't even use on a public road.

If I were you by defualt I would connect to it to the speed and brake wire and only have it animate the message when the car is not moving and the brake is pushed. At the least only have it animate when the brake is pushed.

Then have an a couple buttons in the cabin to over ride and display a message any time you like when you know the coast is clear.
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote