View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #578 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh Rickles View Post
I've spent 4 hours today reading about this topic, and maybe I'm just getting dizzy, but I don't think anyone yet has provided a DIY for removing a locked SLU. Everyone says you have to take it to the dealer if you can't get it to unlock.

That's where I'm still confused: obviously the dealer does "something" to swap out the locked part with the new SLU. What is that "something", and why can't we do it?
The procedure is the same for physically removing the SLU whether it has the steering wheel locked or not.
If you can't get the SLU to unlock/make switches AND you can't replace the SLU yourself, then you have to take it to a dealer/mechanic.