View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #4515 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Yes, 2010 was the only year for KAV. I was really confused for a second when I didn't see the KAD color, even though I literally have a can in my garage right now, but then I remembered it was a new color in 2011. I believe both of them are simply described as "Grey Metallic" on the site, but just go by the paint codes.

I definitely will be purchasing a single can to check it out first. I am wondering myself about the finished product - I wish I were patient enough to sit down and photoshop some pics to get a better idea. I'll wind up procrastinating the whole project if I don't talk myself into it. But of course, I also want to know that I'm going to like it
You really need to see the colors together, especially KAV in the daylight. As 40th owners can attest to (mr. onzedge), the color takes on different qualities depending on the light. That's why I think it makes such a great wheel color.

Apologies for coming off a little strong with the two tone comment. My only point is that it's a lot harder to reverse a painting decision. I'm just not sure the fang area would look good in any color other than flat black. I've seen them painted both silver and white and didn't care for it. Sometimes you can go a little too far in the strive to be unique/different.

But that's just me, and I certainly have no exclusive on color choice. For all the nice compliments received today, I'm sure there are a number of folks who think it looks like a clown car.

If you take your time with the prep, there is no reason not to paint your wheels yourself. Mine had two different coats of paint on them, and needed to be fully stripped, that's why I had R&S Solutions here in Houston do the work. They are fantastic to work with.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim