View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
Snakes709
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 Evo-X GSR
Snakes709 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshDawg View Post
Hey what about the new corvette? Maybe if you trade in your evo you can get the '13 gtr and use it as a track and dd car, since the gtr is definitely dd'able. Good luck with whatever you chose!
I never really liked the corvettes. They are just to plain and to common. Its only a matter of time before everyone and their grand mother has one of the new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoquad View Post
The GTR doesn't drop in value enough. I guess it's in high demand.

I wouldn't waste time on the Viper. If you're facing Canadian winters, I agree that AWD is the way to go. Maybe you can find one used in decent condition and with low miles. The older Viper, iirc, doesn't have electronic aids like traction control or ABS. Not something I'd want to be stuck in during a surprise snowfall. I could be wrong about that, but I thought I heard that from a Viper owner.

But if you're seriously considering Viper, used ZR1 Corvettes go for 90-some.
AWD was why i was considering the GTR. Thats also why im starting to lean towards the R34 GTR when they become avalible next year. Not only are they cheaper then the 2013 GTR's but they are manual and AWD. I can use it for the track and keep my Evo for the winter.