View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't paid over invoice on a car for past 5 years and haven't paid more than 2.5% interest on any amount financed. My last purchase, a BMW product, was less than 1%. But then I own my home, have had steady job for over 10 years. Doesn't sound like you have a firm job and credit managers want to see some history. There is a lot more margin in viper so they can hedge some of the credit risk with increased profit they make. Japan made super car isn't going to carry same margin.

Doesn't sound like you have much credit history and not many assets. A well managed credit organization will look at risk of an applicant and assess interest rate that hedges risk. given buy rate for large institutions is nearly 0% they must think you're a risk to hike interest that high.

Don't forget as you start making more money taxes will start to hit you harder
. $150k a year isn't really that much if your considering a luxury performance car.

You'll lose half of your $50k just in depreciation and interest first couple years by purchasing one of those cars new.