View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #376 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Yes that my overall take on it. I dont consider the method to be solving a problem so much as just throwing the problem out the window

The only value I see in it is the space gained to install other components. The point of fixing fuel starvation was because the community was complaining about having to stop and fill up the fuel tank all the time. Cutting overall capacity to less than half, and still not adding any fluid placement control to the remaining portion which means fuel starvation is still going to occur with probably 1.5-2 gallons left, doesnt sound like the solution... more of a serious compromise.

Let us know how well the fuel gauge works, with the missing sensor.

If you had a dedicated race car, what would your justification for installing a fuel cell be? Is it a rule/requirement in your sort of racing?
I'd expect someone marketing fuel starve product to have this take. Don't blame you at all. Just think my solution has more value than you think. ...and you can't beat the price! What is someone into with your solution once they pay for labor and all parts? $1500? I have $1200 to spend on other stuff I need like a diff cooler and few other track focused items.

I think it's a great solution for people who want to keep car very stock and not really molest the car though! Awesome work! Curious does it add much weight? My car lost over 15 lbs.

Last edited by Shamu; 01-11-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote