View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #167 (permalink)
jstevenson
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z Tour S Blue
jstevenson is on a distinguished road

Been a long time since i posted, and wish I had paid more attention to this thread a couple years ago.

2009 370Z touring/sport, just over 25000 miles. In service for 44 months.

Few years ago when it'd get really cold in LA, I'd sometimes get soft clutch issues. I searched here at the time, but obviously there wasn't much info on it. I took it to the dealership a few times and they'd always never find anything and I'd waste a bunch of time. I had the mechanic that does my oil changes look at it but he never saw anything wrong.

Anyways, as it got cold it was doing it again... tonight it fully gave out. I limped to a stop at a light, managed to get in gear to the next light, and then was stuck. Pedal completely limp, to the floor, no rebound at all. I finally was calling my insurance for a tow when I managed to coax a little life out of the clutch and got moving. Ignoring stop signs and rev-matching, I made it to the front of my apartment.

Clutch it totally dead now, there is liquid on the ground that looks fresh and I'm assuming is my clutch fluid.

Having it towed to my mechanic in the morning. I'm assuming there are no service bulletins that'd allow me to get this under the powertrain warranty?

sigh
jstevenson is offline   Reply With Quote