View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #222 (permalink)
anthonyy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Lexus CT
anthonyy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98intrigue View Post
Well, it's been 7 weeks since I heard the bearing failure again. The machine shop told me they would have the motor torn down and diagnosed in 2 days...that SHOULD have been 12/14. Well, great timing...they were closed for 2 weeks for the holidays. I just called the machine shop and they said all 10 rod bearings are damaged, but the main bearings seem to be ok. The crank looks worse than the first time and is at an outside shop now to see if it's salvageable or if I need a new one; they should have an answer Tuesday. Once they figure that out, they can determine what parts need to be ordered and can give me a quote.

The machine shop said the motor failed due to oil starvation (this goes back to the installer telling me he only put in 9qts of oil when the motor calls for 10.5qts). I also mentioned the installed told me he blew out the oil lines, but did not install a new oil cooler. This could have obviously been a culprit to the damage.

As of now, all fault points at the installer. Once the crank is diagnosed, the machine shop will be calling the installer and we will go from there.
Why in the hell would he only put in 9 qts???
Best of luck.
anthonyy is offline   Reply With Quote