View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischhorn View Post
22k in a year on a GTR. OEM says that the GTR brakes will go out in about 18k miles worth of STREET driving. No track time. Brake job on the GTR is anywhere form $4500-$8500. If you are still contemplating, just google the upkeep on a GTR. $8-10k for ANNUAL maintenance.

brakes last closer to 30K+ with no tracking and you can probably get by with just a pad change the first time at about 20K or when needed if no rotor damage or extreme wear.

yes an all OEM brake replacement is about 6K but you can go to like a stillen AP rotor slotted or jhook set with pads for about 3Kish. No one really goes back to OEM brake parts on a GTR and if they do there are a lot of take off parts available out there from owners who ditch the OEM stuff.

On my 09 i sold it with 14,500 miles on it and had probably 40% brake pad life and rotors were in great condition and could have easily taken a pad swap if needed. that was with maybe 12-14 autocrosses and 3 track days and handful of strip runs as part of those 14.5 miles

oil change is around every 6K miles ($60-100) tranny and diff every 18K miles ($1K) tires every 7-9K miles ( $2200 for OEM runflats $1500+ for aftermarket non runflats)

so for example if you drive less than 10K miles a year ( i averaged 7K+ in my 09 and just 3-4K on my 12) your looking at a couple oil changes a year and maybe a set of tires or even just fronts as they wear out much quicker than rears and can be changed in pairs if the wear difference (diameter) isnt too great. ive put on a set of 8/32nd fronts with maybe 4-5/32nd rears and had no issues.

then say a $1K major fluid change roughly every other year..

so in a two year period of 20K miles maybe $4K in maintenance and most of that is tires taking in to account a full set

in calender year 2012 was all in for about $1400 maintenance as i would have spent maybe 1K on front tires and then $60 for an oil change back in june. while there At 4K miles i did swap out my diff fluid to the new 2013 nismo spec for $300 but it wasnt needed and purely optional.

Last edited by MC; 01-01-2013 at 06:01 PM.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote