Thread: AMS Headers
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
So basically Mandrel bent tubing vs welded pieces is what we're looking at?
just a hint .. look at the collector

I know how the stillen are made since I had a pair of those and they have a very similar type of collector of the OEM headers , which such at scavanging .

those AMS have the same exact type of collector as the stillen shorty, since I havent seen how the primary merge together on the AMS, my opinion stop here but knowing they look pretty much the exact copy of the stillen , I would suggest to look at something else.

the Momenton have way more efficient merging primary in the collector and is also going smothly to the flange to optimize the scavanging.
mandrel bent is also a must but a proprely welded tubbing can do pretty much the same job.