View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #216 (permalink)
98intrigue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Viper
98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 98intrigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfourteen View Post
very sorry to hear about your engine troubles, again my vote would be sticking it out with the viper. you've have had some really unfortunate luck (not even counting the Z!) but it seems like you have had your heart set on this car for a long time. are there any options for sourcing a fresh pre-built short block that won't bleed you dry?
A crate motor is $17k. I can probably find a blown block with the spun bearings for $3k...but why spend that when I can just use my motor? I should have an update today from the machine shop.

I've already found a buyer for my headers, KWs, and recently purchased LED lighting and upgraded bulbs to redo the gauges, interior lighting, and headlights/fogs.

It seems like the Viper will be up for sale as soon as I get it back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post
Yea the no true manual option is a huge pill to swallow...

More power to whatever you decide!
Thanks. Maybe I should make a poll like some people do and have strangers vote on what kind of car I should get next?

The Viper is rare due to the low volume production. I love the black on black look and the fact that it's slammed. It would also be cool rolling 3 deep in Porsche turbos...plus I'd be back into boost Boost vs. NA power