View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #475 (permalink)
asdfsammich
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z SR MT
asdfsammich is on a distinguished road

Ok. Yep. Even if you had your lock replaced before, just pull the fuse. Don't trust later revisions. They break too!

I just got home and had to post this.

So I get back to CA tonight, 6+ hour flight from FL to CA.

Tired as hell from working in FL for a week, and just wanting to get home I land, get my luggage and then go get my car.

Yep. Steering lock fails. So, I bang it for a while and but it still won't start. I call NISSAN road service to get a flatbed.

While waiting, I am now starting the really beat the s*it out of the lock. Then, one solid kick later and I hear it unlock and it's starts! It's like 11p by now, so I cancel the tow and drive home.

After I park I leave the car on, pull up this thread on my iPhone and proceed to pull the fuse.

F*ucken lol! Long day! But, I saved myself a hell of a lot more head ache cuz of this thread. I'd hate to have gone to the dealer for this and deal with not having my car for days or weeks.

Point is, even if you've been replaced with a newer part, there's a decent chance that one will go bad as well.

Haha. Oh yeh. Apart from being tired as hell and just wanting to get home, most of this was happening in the rain! Hilarity lols.

Oh, thank you to Baer/dai for getting the fuse pull DIY thing going.

Tapatalk & such etc
asdfsammich is offline   Reply With Quote