View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #39 (permalink)
Ryan @ RJM
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09' G37S Coupe
Ryan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrus_b View Post
This is my first manual car and i have learned to manage the narrow engagement point and the high friction point... i think.

My question is, how does the adjustment in this new pedal allow me to avoid:
- Significantly Smoother Shifting with much less jerking all gears?
- Makes those 1-2 shifts which are difficult to get smooth much faster & smoother?
- Super easy launches with better control and less shudder?

I experience these problems and would be keen on solving them if this pedal does that.

Also, how much would shipping be to Melbourne, Australia (zip code: 3000)?

Thanks
Cyrus_B

Here is how I explained it to Mr&Mrs back a few posts ago about how my pedal system achieves what it does.

Mr&Mrs the afp setting goes far beyond simply allowing you to adjust where the clutch bites high or low. By increasing the AFP setting it changes the mechanical advantage between the pedal arm and the master cylinder, this alters the movement ratio between pedal and MC. Doing this can make the width of clutch engagement narrow like stock or you can widen it out so there is more pedal swing between initial friction point and fully locked. This is what really sets my product apart from the simple spring mods and completely changes the Z driving experience.

With the stock pedal system there is lots of dead space at the bottom with a high engagement point and narrow window to modulate. This makes it more difficult to master and jerky then it needs to be.

Stock pedal stroke is like this:
[ dead, dead, dead, dead, friction/locked ]

RJM Adjusted Fulcrum Point is more like:
[ dead, friction, modulation zone, locked ]

It utilizes a normal or slightly shorter then stock pedal stroke but removes the dead space by putting it to good use and making it become an active zone you can modulate the clutch with rather then simply shortening up the stroke like other mods. Simply shortening the stroke gets the friction point down but it doesn't make the engagement zone larger between the initial friction point and fully locked which is what makes the clutch easier and smoother to modulate under all driving situations.

Unfortunately though my product only fits vehicles built with a Left Hand steering wheel such as for North America and other countries which follow the left sided driver position and drive on the right hand side of the road.

The clutch pedal assemblies used on vehicles where the driver controls are on the right hand side of the car are completely different from those used in LH vehicles and won't work.

Home of the A.F.P. Upgraded Clutch Pedal System. Smoother Launches, Smoother Shifts & Improved Clutch Control Like No Other Pedal Mod You've Experianced Before Guaranteed!
Visit www.RJMPerformance.com or Email Ryan@RJMPerformance.com Also Don't Forget to Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/RJM-Performance
Ryan @ RJM is offline   Reply With Quote