View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #213 (permalink)
98intrigue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Viper
98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 98intrigue

Well, the motor was finally pulled yesterday and it was delivered to the machine shop today...progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzel View Post
I was thinking of getting a Vette but after your beutiful Viper I'm having different thoughts. The 3rd and 4th rod bearing is a common issue with all Vipers or just that gen?
It's not "common", but it does happen to the 2003-2006 Gen 3 motors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by king12sky View Post
whoooo hooo to that line up! Y do i feel like the GTR is eating you the 996 and 997?
The GTR is no joke...it's a 2012 Black Edition with a Cobb tune. Lets just say launch control in that thing is like a rocket! The 996TT has the X50 upgrade and straight exhaust. We were pretty even the one time we had fun. The 997TT has upgraded turbos, boost actuators, intercoolers, intake, straight exhaust, clutch/flywheel, and tune. Before the turbos, it did 11.7@124 with a baby launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post
GT-R is fine by me!
It's definitely a great car, but I prefer a manual transmission. Still torn on sticking it out with my car, a low mileage 996TT, or a low mileage 997S.