View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #5982 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
mr.alcheng- is that an associated kit? i use to race HPI cars in socal long time ago. i also had a associated touring car i think was called TC10 or something.

Good eyes Mr.kenchan...!!

That is the newest associated kit TC6.1

Socal host one of the biggest R/C race in the world during the Winter, we used to have lots of guys fly to there to race..

I started off with HPI chassis too, one of the most popular choices at that time (about 15 yrs ago )

Then I switch to Yokomo, nicely build but the turn-in wasn't shape enough...

Then I switch to the TC-3 from associated, shaft-driven tub-chassis. The shaft-driven design make the car the fastest on acceleration and straight line speed, the amazing thing is they manage to minimize the torque-steer from the motor since the motor was mounted longitudinally...

After the TC-3, I switch to the T-1 from XRAY.... then I "retired"....

It was so much fun....

We ran 8-9 turns double or triple motors.... friggni' fast....