View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #5731 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
thanks for the info, mr.alcheng. i do agree that material does play a big role in the stiffness regardless of diameter of the bar.

looking at the vs stock, i think max 150% is about where i want my bar to be. i dont want my car stiff, i want to lessen the initial turn-in softness the car is programed with. but at the same time..

i can achieve this either with the swaybar or with stiffer dampers. this is where ive been trying to decide. i have a feeling i might be happier swapping out the dampers as it can also eliminate the normal-car-like feel while going over big dips. it's not a huge deal for me, but just trying to decide if i want to commit on the entire process (ordeal) or just leave it alone since the car drives pretty well.
I assume you mean "shocks" for "dampers", right?

Then I will suggest keep the shocks&spring stock but swap the sway for turn-in.

If you swap the dampers, you are in 99% also have to swap the spring... in result you have a lower ride height, ride quality will be different, and so on...

My brother in HK whose drive a E36 M3, has also swapped the sway only, since the roads in HK is 599% bumpier than what we have in North America.

Thus, without sacrifices the ride quality and some other issues, I will agree upgrading the sway is good enough to improve the turn-in response.

Moreover, the Z is mainly street use and weekend motoring, there's no need to stiffen the whole ride overly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
i think the cusco's are hollow.

vividracing sells them. i can also source them from japan if needed.