View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
kpjc4eva
Base Member

Drives: Marine Corps boots
kpjc4eva is on a distinguished road

Sounds like your going for low end power here. nothing with top end. Just from what it sounds like after reading all your stuff, kinda.

I'm also doing a build on my g37. So far the block and heads been traveling to few places within the US. If you want more boost out of our motors, i recommend partially closing out the open deck. I would go with CP pistons over weisco. The main factor you really want to worry about is the pin. Spending an extra few 100 bucks on it is a life saver in the long run. But really depends on your power your trying to reach. I've talk to ferrera and got a custom order with the valvetrain(the whole thing, valves, springs, retainers, etc.) its around 2ish G's. Only problem you have to have a distributor to order to get the "discounts" on it. Shipping it to TX was 300 bucks. Yikes.
For fuel delivery im not really thinking anything about the fuel return system. Instead im planning to go with 2 external fuel pumps from bosch. Stole some ideas from the 2jz guys. i figure it could work on our cars, but who knows i could be speaking out of my ***.

anyways here are is all the build crap that i have so far.

darton sleeves (discount from john at DS for 1020)
partially closed deck ( part of the service from DS)
CP pistons/ rods (about 4 g's)
two 6262 turbos with .86 ar (about 3g's)
ferrera valvetrain (2200ish)
1000cc injectors( thanks to richard and omar at uprev got it cheap)
custom manifold (top mount set up) (2000)
Greddy oil pan upgrade (375 from japan. took 5 months to get here)
34 row oil cooler ( 600 got ripped off from GTM)
Radiator( i forget but the owner at CSF at sema 2 years ago hooked it up it was cheap)
Greddy infometer (Free)
custom made rear diffuser (FLOW TESTED!) (msg me. all testing done in the east coast)
driveshaft( 410)
and MT's to plant these bitches. (2 285/17/ and uhh something was 400 a tire or something.)

The car isnt finished or assembled yet.

Oh also the head works. (1500-2500? never got locked down on the price)

Oh and Aeromotive 340lph that **** craps out. this was tested at tx2k12. by few of the guys. so i dont know.

Well thats all the info i have on my car right about now. hope i have contributed!

Oh also been talking to eric at haltec to see if they have something going on for our cars. nothing yet. just figure that be news to share if anyone is interested in haltec. I know I am!

Last edited by kpjc4eva; 11-30-2012 at 01:27 AM.
kpjc4eva is offline   Reply With Quote