View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Gotcha... I guess we can see what WPC can do for our OEM bearings. Heck, I don't even know the cost haha.

I was thinking the GTX would give us better response over the GT. Ron has really nice gains using less boost, and I think it spools up a bit quicker. [shrugs]
the GTX is pretty much identical to the GT until you get to about 20psi, take a look at the compressor maps:

now this doesn't tell the entire story, but essentially 0-18psi on both turbos is flowing the same air and making the same power. they are also the same size trim and will spool pretty identical. where the GTX shines is past ~18psi, thats where the GT turbo is "over spinning" and blowing hot air, people typically compensate by running **** loads of meth or race gas (think evo with stock turbo and 30psi). its incredibly inefficient but if you keep the charge cool and pull timing you can make more power. the GTX series is designed to flow well even past 20psi and thus good for more power.

as for bearings, just get your oem bearings calico coated. its very popular with race teams and high end build shops. it cost around $150 i want to say, I have the receipt in my car I can check for you tomorrow.
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote