View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #4645 (permalink)
Pintsize725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 Mazda 6
Pintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond reputePintsize725 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
morning all. just stopping in to chat with AK370Z.

i put away my G and Z for the year several weeks ago. it's not snowing yet but the roads i drive on the weekends are prone to black ice and they salted it pretty good (bad). i dont feel like cleaning salt off the underside of my car every time...

the Z came out with only one 3mm x0.5mm scratch on the bumper this season which i already touched up.

so i added a second nut on the hps t-bolt clamp on my Z as i noticed it backing out after a few drives. i just made the original locknut bind into another lock nut so they lock into each other at a preferred tightness of the clamp. seems to work pretty goodly.

also added a blend mount for my V1 as an early xmas present for my car.

i think the 2 best fixes for 2012 for me (other than the steering lock) was the driver seat knocking noise/slight movement while turning ordeal. was worsening so i hammered in the star washers in further using a impact socket and mallet. was a 30min + free fix.

the second one was the flicking/scrolling image on my pioneer HU when the rearview camera was activated. it reminded me of an old CRT TV, so i wacked the side of the dash with my fist and that fixed it. hey, it's good to be from the analog era. (you old farts dont need to remind us about steam engines and how a wheel was created).

any cool tips you guys found this year on the Z?

---------------------------------------------------------
Why yes.. Mike Rowe of Dirty Jobs, The Ford Commericals,Deadliest Catch.. is a cousin of someone i saw at the370z

Mr. Kenchan!!! Stay this time, I'm not going to stop bugging you.