View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Just realized you said you have been doing detailing here and there, sorry if I over simplified things, I do not mean to judge your knowledge or skill level or anything, but I like to have someone treat me like a moron and tell me WHY they do what they do, so I gain an understanding!

My DIY for lightening the car is written so that a 4 year old could do it, LOL
No actually I appreciate it because I know next to nothing about polishers, pads, and all the different cutting pastes and whatnot.
I've always done everything by hand, even when trying to polish some of the swirls out. I've been doing a lot of reading here on the forum, a lot of youtube lurking, and I've been spending some time on different detailing sites and forums trying to learn more about this stuff. My main problem was keeping straight what the difference was between all the different colored pads and waxes and polishes and the difference between DA's and Random Orbitals. So thanks for spelling it out for me, it's helped out. I already like Meguiar's products a lot, I've been using that almost exclusively.

One other question. I hate claybarring, and I've been reading about the Nanoskin Autoscrub on autogeek.net, and they have nothing but good things to say about it, and the reviews seem pretty positive as well. Have you used it?
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote