View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #4066 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute
Default slot car event

I went to my first organized slot car event yesterday. A dozen guys were present. A double elimination race. A whole new thing for me was magnetless cars. I borrowed one from the host. Qualified mid pack with my Hippie Porsche 917 and lost my first event, sending me to the losers bracket. Expecting to go home shortly but I kept winning the next race. I was shown how to adjust the controller and that really helped. Prior to this I figured the last driver knew what he was doing and I'd just use the same settings. Folks like wildly different things.

Good sportsmanship was present until a 15 year old SOB knocked me off intentionally. This kids only redeeming feature was he liked my Z and asked intelligent questions about it. Otherwise I was unimpressed by this level of dirty driving. I chased after him to even the score but simply got ahead and nearly lapped him. His father came out to declare his son the winner but was stunned to find out I'd won by 9/10ths of a lap, after all I had never raced this car before.

Then I raced dad who is the same type of driver as his son, who tries and knock the tail end of your car out and race on. I would have none of that and stayed ahead until the end.

My final race was against the guy who dominated all day. I got off to an early lead when he came off the track but soon caught up. He passed me and bumped me out of the slot and he waited until my car was back on the track before he went on. A real sportsman. He won and I came back from the losers bracket to finish second.

Quite a fun day I must add. I even got a trophy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:20...orsche917L.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_4372.jpg (403.8 KB, 4 views)
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber

Last edited by Mt Tam I am; 11-25-2012 at 10:01 AM.