Thread: 370z vs Wrx Sti
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Lol. It's funny you think that the kit is all you need. If we call the kit 8k, then we add 3" downpipes for 1100, oil cooler for $500 or so, CSF radiator for $700 or so, Clutch and flywheel for another 1k, 3" exhaust for another 1500-2k depending on brand, boost controller, ceramic coat all hot side piping for a couple hundred, powdercoat all the intercooler piping for another couple hundred, gauges for another $500.... No, that's not including labor.

I'm not saying you have to spend 15k. You can cut corners and do it for less than 10k. I chose to do everything at once, and get everything I need to make it as reliable as possible.

The cost of putting together a FI setup for a factory NA car is something that generally won't make sense to someone until they've done it. A large number of relatively low cost mods add up pretty quickly.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote