View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #934 (permalink)
ZMan8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 370z 40th M6
ZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond reputeZMan8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
No confirmed date for install. Sasha just completed the first turbo kit install with piping made from his jigs. He was happy with the results and will be welding up pipe like a madman now. I should have the kit any time I suppose. That's why I'm scrambling to get my basement finished like yesterday. Then it will be garage time for daddy

What internals are you going with? BC? Wiseco?
the pics he posted are nice parts p0rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
Sorry for getting back to you so late.

I dropped on Tanabe springs and had camber arms installed. The drop was supposed to be about 0.75" in front and 0.5" in the rear, but ended-up more like 1.10" in the front and 0.85" in the rear.

I basically had no shock damping and the car would literally skip over bumps. In fact, the cruise I went on yesterday, I had taken the same route back in February with the old set-up. The difference was night and day. Instead of skipping over the washboard, I just drove right over it and was much faster and comfortable through the tight turns.

I realize a Swift drop may have turned-out better, but for where I drive, I really need more ride height instead of less. Keep in mind I have a Nismo nose on my car, and that makes a huge difference in negotiating slopes.

As I stated in my original post, these are my experiences on the roads where I live. If I was back in Louisiana where I originally came from, a lot of this would not have been an issue. For example, the transition from the street to my old drive was perfectly horizontal, no valley to traverse like I do now.
thanks for sharing. not sure about those springs but I think most say swifts improve handling/road comfort. you're with kenchan's school of thought- stock height is plenty enough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2