View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #933 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan8 View Post
what suspension setup did you use That handled Like crap?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
Sorry for getting back to you so late.

I dropped on Tanabe springs and had camber arms installed. The drop was supposed to be about 0.75" in front and 0.5" in the rear, but ended-up more like 1.10" in the front and 0.85" in the rear.

I basically had no shock damping and the car would literally skip over bumps. In fact, the cruise I went on yesterday, I had taken the same route back in February with the old set-up. The difference was night and day. Instead of skipping over the washboard, I just drove right over it and was much faster and comfortable through the tight turns.

I realize a Swift drop may have turned-out better, but for where I drive, I really need more ride height instead of less. Keep in mind I have a Nismo nose on my car, and that makes a huge difference in negotiating slopes.

As I stated in my original post, these are my experiences on the roads where I live. If I was back in Louisiana where I originally came from, a lot of this would not have been an issue. For example, the transition from the street to my old drive was perfectly horizontal, no valley to traverse like I do now.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim