View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #120 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan370z View Post
so if a stock 2012 was in the 28x whp
that mean this 342whp isnt too exeptional afterall...
I went from 256 to 324 without VVEL tuning which is 68whp more and let assume Mike had exactly 280whp as a baseline.. he got +62whp up to 342whp
the biggest difference between him and my setup is the oversized TB other than that the rest is pretty similar.
It's worth it to take some advice I heard once from a very wise man about how to compare dyno numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Don't.
But if you must, account for some of the potential differences...by watching percentages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
PP numbers are more telling. 10whp over a 200whp baseline is 5PP, over a 300whp baseline it is 3.33...pp. basically takes the inflationary nature of dyno out, which does a lot to level the numbers.

If, for instance, we choose to compare mike's gains to yours, say...

(342-280)/280~= 22.1% gain

(324-256)/256~= 26.6% gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
I don't know where Mike is, but your numbers are severely negatively affected by power and elevation, even with very high CF's.

At sea level in FL, where I am, the summer heat and humidity will absolutely kill power, no matter how much correction is used.

The SAE guys need to develop better corrections for their estimates...
And this is why I'm always loathe to compare numbers.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote