View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #119 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
I'm running long tubes with every bolt on to the motor and exhaust. Only thing I don't have is a flywheel/clutch upgrade. I was at 316 with it's best run, but was untuned. I don't think a tune was going to get me 14whp. My baseline was 266-270 FYI. My tuned numbers are 10-12whp off, but I'm thinking it was heat killing the numbers.

Anything over 50 is doing great, over 60whp over baseline is an anomaly, a gracious dyno or a combination of low temps, full bolt ons, tuning, low elevation, and at least a dynojet. The dyno I've been using is reporting around 18-20% drivetrain loss in crappy Vegas weather and elevation.
I don't know where Mike is, but your numbers are severely negatively affected by power and elevation, even with very high CF's.

At sea level in FL, where I am, the summer heat and humidity will absolutely kill power, no matter how much correction is used.

The SAE guys need to develop better corrections for their estimates...