Thread: Venting
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #42 (permalink)
Z370Z011
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PearlWhite 370z 6MT
Z370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbomb View Post
"The VQ is a V6 piston engine produced by Nissan with displacements varying from 2.0 L to 4.0 L. It is an aluminum block DOHC 4-valve design with aluminum heads. It is fitted with Nissan's EGI/ECCS sequential multi-point fuel injection (MPFI) system. Later versions feature various implementations of variable valve timing and replace MPFI with direct fuel injection (marketed as NEO-Di). The VQ series engine was honored by Ward's 10 Best Engines list almost every year from the list's inception. The VQ series replaced the VG series of engines"

Quote from a few diff websites. The VQ has always been recognized s a great motor. Didn't say it was the best on the planet, but universally it has been recognized to be a great motor. huge fan of the Terminator V8 and the new coyote's also (about the V8 comment). Best motor I have ever owned was the F20C in my s2000.

And as for the V8 comment, stupid assumption. I grew up in Kansas, all my friends and family were into V8's (cutlas 442's, etc) My second car was a 82 Monte Carlo with a swapped 350 (not a Rat, but I get it) I didnt get an import till my supra my senior year of high school.
Pretty cool to know that its been awarded for being a great engine. Makes me love my car even more lol
Z370Z011 is offline   Reply With Quote