Thread: Venting
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #34 (permalink)
Hbomb
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z
Hbomb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachap55 View Post
Let me correct you sir. The 2010 Z is the first car by Nissans that an oil temperature gauge and limp mode was installed. Limp mode comes on when the temperature hits 280 degrees. If you research these events you find owners complaining of high temperatures in hot weather, stuck in traffic, spirited driving and oh yeah track use. If you research this sir you find that Nissan's prototype vehicles were fitted with oil coolers and other modes so that the car would not go into to limp mode during testing. So they knew of the problem, but the early consumers did not, and Nissan did not provide options to add and oil cooler to 2010-11 models. In my original post I did not complain of owning a Z(I LOVE THIS CAR) I did not say I was experiencing any of the problems outlined in that post. I sympathized with Z owners that were having these problems and was just venting and hoping that none of these problems happens to my Z. let me reiterate, I LOVE THIS CAR.
So Let me get this straight... you are venting because a minority of owners have had niggles on a car?

Every car has issues. EVERY CAR. Go look at 135i forums, or even better cayman forums. Ever heard of IMS issues? Think oil temps are bad? Imagine spending 65k on your new cayman s to find out that you have to crack open the block to update your IMS, or sit waiting until it goes out? And best yet, if you want to update it before it goes out, your looking 7k ish just in labor. And if goes out when your out of warranty? Watch out!

Check out the new golf r20 guys who's clutches are going out in the first 10k miles? Or my old 2010 GTI that 2 of my fuel injectors exploded at 8500 miles? (no mods at all bye the way). 2011 Mustang 5.0's with number 8 piston issues, or transmissions exploding.

/end rant
Every car has issues. The VQ is one of the best motors on the planet for a reason. Their is no "perfect car" mechanically. No one post on the forums just to say how great their motor is running. People post when something breaks.

Last edited by Hbomb; 10-28-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Hbomb is offline   Reply With Quote